Like acne and bad breath, having dandruff can be a major source of embarrassment for us. Not only that, the itchiness that comes along with it can be extremely irritating too.
Dandruff is actually a scalp condition. When your scalp is too dry, too oily or infected by bacteria or fungus, you will experience excessive formation of dry skin flakes (dandruff).
- Salt -Salt can help exfoliate your scalp to get rid of excess oil and dead skin flakes. Simply rub 3 teaspoons of salt onto your scalp and massage gently for up to 5 minutes. Then wash your hair like usual with shampoo.
- Aloe Vera Gel -Aloe Vera’s antifungal and antibacterial properties makes it an ideal candidate for dandruff control.Just apply aloe vera gel onto your scalp 10 minutes before your shower. Then wash your hair like usual with shampoo.
- Tea Tree Oil -Tea tree oil has anti fungal properties and best of all it can relieve the itch caused by dandruff. The easiest way to use this remedy is to shop for shampoos with at least 5% of tea tree oil in them.Wash and shampoo your hair like usual but make sure to massage the tea tree oil shampoo onto your scalp. Leave it on your scalp for at least 5 minutes while you brush your teeth or continue your shower. Rinse off after.
- Lemon Juice -The high acidity in lemons makes them effective natural dandruff killers. Plus they make your hair smell good too.Spread some lemon juice on your hand and proceed to massage your scalp with it. Make sure you cover your whole scalp. Let it sit for about ½ hour.
- Yogurt -Start by washing and rinsing your hair. Next apply plain yogurt on your scalp and leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes. Finally, rinse it off and wash your hair again with the minimum amount of shampoo.